Getting to AUT
There are many ways to get to the AUT City, North or South Campus, or AUT Millennium. AUT proudly promotes sustainable transport options.
How to get to our campuses:
AUT shuttle buses
- Free Wi-Fi
- GPS vehicle tracking for providing schedule updates to passengers
- CCTV for your safety
- Ramps for wheelchair users, and bus drivers know how to help wheelchair users use the ramps
Timetable, cost & where to buy tickets - shuttle bus (pdf)
Using public transport
Significant discounts for students - you need:
- A valid AUT student ID card with a tertiary student ID sticker
- An AT HOP card
- To carry your tertiary student ID card with a current tertiary ID sticker with you when using public transport and present it on request to prove eligibility for travel
Auckland Transport website
Get a tertiary ID sticker
Tertiary ID stickers are available from the Student Hubs on each campus
Am I eligible for a tertiary sticker?
You are eligible if you:
Auckland Transport full terms and conditions (pdf)
- Have a current AUT student ID card
- Are enrolled in all your papers and paid your fees
- Are enrolled into 0.4 EFTS (normally 60 points) within 16 consecutive weeks, or
- Are enrolled into 0.8 EFTS (normally 120 points) within 32 consecutive weeks
Auckland Transport Customer Service Centres
The Auckland Transport Customer Service Centres offer a full range of services, including HOP cards, loading tertiary concessions and buying monthly passes.
Last updated: 07-Dec-2017 11.15am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.