Getting to the AUT South Campus
Getting to the AUT South Campus is easy. Catch a bus, train or AUT's shuttle bus service, or walk or cycle to campus. There's limited on-campus pay and display parking. AUT recommends that you avoid driving to the South Campus.
On this page:
Take the bus to the AUT South Campus
Auckland Transport website
- Great South Road buses stop right outside the South Campus
- Some Wattle Downs and Papakura buses travel to Manukau City Centre - a short walk from campus
Shuttle bus between AUT campuses
- Runs between the North, City and South campuses (except weekends and public holidays)
- Shuttle bus stop: car park 5 on the South Campus
- The driver will clip your ticket - no cash accepted
Timetable, cost & where to buy tickets - shuttle bus (pdf)
Shuttle bus stops - South Campus map (pdf)
Take the train to AUT South Campus
- Manukau train station is a 15-minute walk to the South Campus
- You can also park your car at a train station and catch the train (park and ride)
Auckland Transport website
Walking and cycling to AUT South Campus
- Cheap and eco-friendly ways to get to uni
- Cycle lanes on Great South Road and across the Te Irirangi Drive overbridge, or use the quieter back roads
- Showers available for students who walk or bike
- Cycle racks between the Library (MC building) and car park 6
To comment on these facilities email email@example.com
Combining cycling and public transport
- Bike lockers at Glen Innes, Manurewa, New Lynn and Papatoetoe stations
- Trains: bringing your bike on board depends on space and you need a $1 bicycle ticket
- Fold-up bikes are allowed on buses
Driving to and parking at AUT’s South Campus
- On campus parking is limited
- Mobility parking spaces available
- Carpooling is a great way to share petrol and costs, and reduce congestion
Map - South Campus (pdf)
Pay and display parking – when you absolutely have to drive
- Location: Carpark 1
- Cost: $7.50 per day or $1.50 per hour
- Machines accept coins, credit card and TXT-a park payments (Vodafone only)
- You need to display your ticket date side up on the vehicle dash
- Tow away applies for non-compliance
Owners of vehicles parked in unauthorised areas including visitor car parks and/or displaying an incorrect/invalid permit will receive a breach notice and be charged the enforcement breach fee. Parking in designated mobility spaces without the appropriate CCS permit, on yellow lines, in clear ways or on lawns/gardens will result in tow-away or a breach notice being issued. Repeat offending may result in vehicles being towed and/or clamped at the owner's risk and expense.
Reviews of breach notices or any penalties applied including refunds of towing/clamping fees will not be accepted on the grounds of ignorance of regulations, no legal parking space available, bad weather, late for class/work, permit not displayed properly, expired permit, failure to obtain permit/pay and display ticket and not obeying signage.
AUT uses the services of:
- Parking Enforcement Services: phone 0800 727 536
- Auckland Towing Company: 351 Great North Road, Grey Lynn; phone 09 378 0780
Enforcement breach notices and vehicle recovery costs are set by Parking Enforcement Services and Auckland Towing Company. AUT receives no financial benefit from any fees paid for parking enforcement or vehicle recovery.
Disclaimer: AUT accepts no responsibility for incorrect details supplied, damage or other loss to any vehicle and/or its contents while parked on AUT property or property leased by AUT or when a vehicle is towed.
Last updated: 08-Feb-2017 1.05pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.