Graduate Research School

AUT’s Graduate Research School has overall responsibility for the development and oversight of policies and procedures for postgraduate research programmes at AUT. The Researcher Development Unit is located with the Graduate Research School.

We can help with:

  • Information and administrative services for prospective and current doctoral and Master of Philosophy students
  • Doctoral admission and progression enquiries
  • Research examinations within all postgraduate programmes
  • Keeping students informed of seminars, forums, events and other activities via the postgraduate and doctoral networks

The Dean of the Graduate Research School, Professor Marion Jones, is the Chair of the University Postgraduate Board. The Board is responsible for creating and administering AUT's policies on postgraduate study.

If you are considering applying for the Master or Doctor of Philosophy programme, email the Graduate Research School at

Where to find the Graduate Research School

WU Building, Level 5
46 Wakefield Street
Auckland Central

Useful links for current postgraduate students:

Postgraduate Support

  • Postgraduate activities and events
    An opportunity to develop your postgraduate research skills by engaging in postgraduate workshops and events

  • Postgraduate researcher development
    Postgraduate researcher development is available to help you build your research skills and progress in your research. Research students can use the researcher development online tool to search for workshops, seminars, one-on-one advice, or access other support such as Peer Mentoring Groups.

  • Thesislink - Research Blog
    AUT's research blog for all researchers, students and academics 

  • Other academic support areas
    Postgraduate support from other areas within the University

  • Postgraduate study rooms
    A variety of facilities and resources are provided for postgraduate students' convenience 

For a full list of Scholarships available and more information, contact the Scholarships Office

Processes and Regulations

 Who to contact