Justice of the Peace
Using a Justice of the Peace is a free service. This page has information about how a Justice of the Peace (JP) can help AUT students, the Justice of the Peace service on the AUT North Campus and where to find a JP off campus.
How can a Justice of the Peace (JP) help you?
- Witness your signature on a document
- Certify copies of documents, including cellphone texts and computer displayed results
- Complete a declaration, including some immigration forms, citizenship applications and 18+ card applications
- Complete a statutory declaration
- Administer an affidavit
- Complete some government department forms (including health, education and immigration)
Some tips for using a Justice of the Peace
- Do not sign your documents before meeting with the JP as completing your signature needs to be witnessed
- Some JPs can also be contacted at their home
Where to find a Justice of the Peace
On campus (North Campus only):North Campus, Tuesdays, 11am-2pm
AS Level 2 Student Hub
Semester one dates:
- Feb 27
- Mar 6, 13, 20, 27
- Apr 10, 17, 24
- May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- Jun 5, 12, 19
To find a Justice of the Peace near you, please go to www.jpfed.org.nz. You can search by suburb, postcode or language skill.