Harassment prevention and support
Harassment is not acceptable at AUT. Harassment is unwanted and unwelcome behaviour which makes it difficult to work and study peacefully and safely.
Harassment is a pattern of behaviour which is:
- Unwanted by the recipient
- Repeated or of a significant nature
- Harmful to the recipient
Harassment can be:
- Written material
- Spoken communication (face to face, phone call)
- Physical actions such as unwanted touching
- Pictures or drawings
- Electronic such as cyber bullying or cyber harassment
- People may be harassed because of their race, colour, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, disability, family or marital status.
To report an incident of sexual assault, harassment or bullying, please make your report using this form.
The Preventing Harassment Programme (PHP) assists all at AUT to work and learn in a safe environment.Preventing Harassment Policy
Preventing Harassment Procedures