Certifying and submitting your documents
When you submit your international student application, you must include legally certified photocopies of required documents, not originals. Legal certification (proof that a photocopy is a true copy of the original document) must be done and is very important.
Certifying your documents
If you are overseas
Take the original document and a photocopy of it to an AUT registered agent or your country's equivalent to a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public, Member of Parliament, Judge or any person authorised by the law of your country to administer an oath.
If you are in Auckland, New Zealand
- Bring the original document to AUT and show it to either the Student Hub or departmental administration staff.
- A copy will be made and signed by the staff member as being a true and accurate copy.
- Take the original document and a photocopy of it to a Justice of the Peace, Notary Public, Member of Parliament, a barrister or solicitor, Registrar or Deputy Registrar of the Courts.
- Please note that the title/position of the person certifying the documents must be stated on the document and be legible.
- Send in the certified photocopied documents with your application form. Remember, all documents must be certified and if you do not do this you can’t be enrolled - please don’t send originals.
All copies of academic transcripts, graduation certificates and additional documentation must be officially translated and certified. Remember to enclose both the translated and the certified copies of your academic transcripts. All documents must have an official stamp and signature. Please do not send original documents (passports, birth certificates) as they will not be returned.
The University may suspend or terminate your enrolment if any falsified documents are discovered during the application or enrolment process, or during your study.
Submitting your documents
When you have completed your application, send the form and certified photocopied documents to:
Private Bag 92006
Physical address/courier address
Level 2 (ground entry), WA Building
55 Wellesley Street East
If you have any questions about your application, contact the International Centre by telephone (+64 9 921 9637), fax (+64 9 921 9925)
For more information, please complete the international enquiry form
Last updated: 20-Sep-2016 9.51am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.