Foundation studies pathways into AUT degrees
If you haven’t achieved University Entrance, don't meet the academic entry requirements for a bachelor’s degree, have had a break from formal study or need to build your confidence before starting a bachelor’s degree, consider enrolling in a foundation certificate at AUT.
Foundation certificates at AUT (PDF, 1 page, 50 KB)
Entry requirements for foundation certificates
Applications are considered on a case-by-case basis but you generally need:
One-year certificates (120 points)
- Completion of Year 12 or equivalent
- 48 credits at level 2; and
- 8 credits at level 1 or higher in a subject that demonstrates literacy
One-semester certificates (60 points):
- Completion of Year 13 or equivalent
You need to have:
- Completed two years of secondary education in New Zealand; or
- Successfully completed secondary school in your country of origin; and
- An academic IELTS score of 5.5 overall, with at least 5 in each band
Other foundation programmes
These certificates are primarily for international students, and provide pathways to AUT degrees.
Foundation programmes for international students
- ACG Norton College’s AUT Certificate in Foundation Studies
- Taylors College’s Foundation Certificate
Other tertiary institutes may also offer relevant preparatory programmes for domestic and international students.
Last updated: 01-Feb-2017 1.11pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.