Imagine a qualification that satisfies your love of science and gives you the business acumen to apply it to the real world. The Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science conjoint programme does just that. You will develop skills and knowledge from both business and science, in as little as four years.
You choose a major from the Bachelor of Business and combine it with a major from the Bachelor of Science. This gives you more career options and lets you apply your knowledge to different sectors. For example, if you study chemistry and marketing you will be well prepared for a career in the marketing of chemical products. Alternatively, if you study food science and management you will be prepared to work as a food scientist and later move into company management. Being doubly qualified provides you with a wide choice of employment opportunities and greater flexibility as your career develops.
Programme Code: AK3001
Duration: 4 years full time/up to 9 years part-time
Venue: City Campus
Starting date: 17 July 2017, 26 Feb and 16 July 2018
AUT encourages early application. This programme will remain open until all places have been filled.
- University Entrance (NCEA, CIE or IB), and:
- NCEA: Level 3 with merit or equivalent
- Applicants must meet the requirements for entry set by each of the degrees.
From previous tertiary education study:
- Where a student is applying on completion of the first year of study in one of the degrees, they must have an average grade of B or better in their first year papers.
Continued enrolment in this conjoint programme
In order to maintain enrolment, conjoint programme students must achieve a minimum of a B grade average (equivalent to a GPA of 5 on the most commonly-used 9-point grading scales) over the previous 120 points worth of study, or else they will revert back to one of the component degrees.
Conjoint study options - majors
In the Bachelor of Science, you may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Applied Conservation
- Applied Mathematics
- Biomedical Science pathway
- Computer Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Food Safety pathway
- Food Science
- Geospatial Science
- Health Protection
- Marine Biology
View your Bachelor of Science study options here
In the Bachelor of Business, you may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
View your Bachelor of Business study options here
- Business Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
- International Business
- Market Insights: Marketing, Advertising, Retailing, Sales (subject to approval)
- Sustainable Enterprise
Contact us to find out more about the BBus/Bsc:
- BSc: Wendy Emson, firstname.lastname@example.org phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 8216
- BBus: Click on the following link to AUT Online and choose Step 5, Course Counselling
For an application and for enrolment into the BBus/BSc, contact Sophia Krsteva: email@example.com
, phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 7888