Faculty Dean - Professor Pare Keiha
Professor Pare Keiha is the current Dean of Te Ara Poutama, the Faculty for Māori and Indigenous Development. He is also the Pro-Vice Chancellor: Māori Advancement. Previously, he also held the position of Pro-Vice Chancellor for Commercialisation. Read more of Pare's story.
Our qualifications are at the cutting edge and have been developed in response to the need for skilled Māori professionals in the fast-growing Māori sectors of business and media. Our range of courses give students the tools not only to succeed in Māori development, language revitalisation, Māori media and te reo Māori (the Māori language), but also in leadership, innovation and technology.
Our qualifications are flexible; they can be tailored to meet your needs. Importantly, we celebrate the values and contribution of all peoples to the future advancement of Aotearoa.
• Promote Māori language and culture as relevant in local, national and global environments
• Produce graduates who are culturally confident, competent and credible
• Provide a portfolio of qualifications consistent with best-practice teaching, curriculum and research that meets the needs of our students and our communities
• Offer an environment which is intellectually robust and physically, socially and culturally safe
• Demonstrate integrity, openness, commitment, passion, pride, professionalism, ambition and
innovation in all our activities
• Act as an informed critic and conscience for the communities we serve
• Produce quality research and scholarship for the communities we serve
• Provide a safe environment to celebrate being Māori.
Last updated: 26-Sep-2016 9.02am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.