Phone: +64 9 921 9999 extn 6561
Te Ara Poutama – The Faculty of Māori & Indigenous Development,
Wellesley Street East,
Auckland Central 1142
Private Bag 92006
BA, MA(Hons), DipTchg, DipPub
Communication and presentation systems, language revitalisation.
Elisa’s research interests are in the fields of educational technologies and their impact on pedagogy, the interaction between non-indigenous researchers and indigenous research contexts and second language learning of endangered languages and language revitalisation.
(Last four years)
- Duder, E. (2014). The discourse of power in Māori language revitalisation in New Zealand. In HiSoN 2014: Historical Discourses on Language and Power. Sheffield, England.
- Duder, E. (2014). Safe Passage: non-indigenous researchers in indigenous language contexts in Aotearoa New Zealand. In Second International Conference on Heritage/Community Languages. Los Angeles, UCLA.
- Duder, E. (2012). Ancient words, modern tools: Māori language learning pedagogy and educational technologies. In Language Revitalisation in the 21st Century: Going global, staying local. New York City, NY, USA.
- Duder, E. (2012). Māori language learning in the 21st Century. In Sixth Heritage Language Research Institute: From Overhearers to High Proficiency Speakers: Advancing Heritage Learners' Skills. Los Angeles, UCLA.
- Duder, E. (2012). Te ao kōhatu ki te ao rokiroki: Māori language learning in the 21st century. Auckland, New Zealand.
- Duder, E. (2012). Te ao kōhatu ki te ao rokiroki: The Development of Māori language proficiency and the use of digital technologies. In AUT Postgraduate Symposium 2012. Auckland, New Zealand.
- Duder, E. (2012). Te ao kōhatu ki te ao rokiroki: The Development of Māori language proficiency and the use of digital technologies. In T. Ka'ai, M. O'Laoire, R. Ka'ai-Mahuta, & N. Ostler (Eds.), Language Endangerment in the 21st Century: Globalisation, Technology and New Media (pp. 82-86). Auckland, New Zealand: Foundation for Endangered Languages & Te Ipukarea, AUT University.
- Ka'ai, T., Moorfield, J. C. M., Duder, E., & Wietmarschen, G. (2011). He Anga Reo Framework of quality standards for te reo Māori in the tertiary sector. Auckland, New Zealand: Te Ipukarea. Retrieved from http://www.teipukarea.maori.nz/
- Duder, E. (2011). Ancient words, modern tools: The experience of adult L2 learners and teachers of the Māori Language. In International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies. Barcelona, Spain.
- Duder, E. (2011). Ancient words, modern tools: Māori language learning pedagogy and the use of educational technologies. In Fifth Heritage Language Summer Research Institute :(Re)Learning the Heritage Language: Integrating Linguistics and Pedagogy. Los Angeles, UCLA.
- Duder, E. (2010, December 21). Ko tō ringa ki ngā rākau a te Pākehā – The use of digital resources in the learningand teaching of te reo Māori: A case study. (Master's Thesis/Postgraduate Dissertation, AUT University, Auckland New Zealand).
Last updated: 19-Jul-2017 8.00am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.