Short Course in Medical Terminology
Paper code: HEAL401/01 (March) or HEAL401/02 (May)
Course dates: Monday 5 March 2018 - Friday 5 October 2018
Duration: 7 months (4 assessments to be successfully completed)
Course cost: $680.00 Domestic, $798.00* International
This is a self-directed, seven-month paper that is delivered online. It is mainly aimed at students who are already in - or looking to gain employment in - the healthcare arena, eg hospitals (medical records, ward clerks, typists and clinic receptions), doctors surgeries, radiology departments, allied health surgeries or insurance companies (underwriters).
This short course covers the structure of medical terms and definition of components, followed by units for each body system with terms related to anatomy, physiology, diseases, investigations, procedures and pharmacology. It includes expansion of abbreviations used in New Zealand health records.
*If you are an International Student some additional fees may apply.
How to apply
Please Apply Here
- STEP 1: Click on the pencil icon at the top right hand side of this page - Apply.
- STEP 2: Select the second option - click here to apply online for a Certificate of Proficiency if you are interested in enrolling in a single paper in a specific area of interest without enrolling in a formal qualification (for domestic students only).
Here's a screenshot example
Complete the form with your details online. You may need to verify your email. You may need to provide a photo for your student ID card.
STEP 3: Programme Selection - please complete:
- STEP 4: You will receive correspondence from AUT.
- STEP 5: AUT will send you an AKCOP form to select your paper, Medical Terminology for a Certificate of Proficiency, which you will need to complete and return via email.
- STEP 6: Accept your AUT Offer of Place which will be emailed to you. This is imperative to do as soon as you receive it. Please follow the steps in the email sent to you, enter your user name and password to login to Arion.
- STEP 7: Pay your invoice to secure your place. Please note your invoice must be paid two weeks prior to the course start date.
If you need help with completing your application form contact:
0800 AUT UNI (0800 288 864)
Email us if you have any queries on firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 02-Nov-2017 3.47pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.