The Fitness Foundations course is designed to give you the scientific skills you need for a career in exercise, sport and fitness. You'll learn how to give an effective client pre-screening, fitness assessment, exercise prescription, and exercise demonstration.
- Anatomy and muscle physiology
- Behaviour modification
- Biomechanical principles of training
- Cardiovascular and respiratory systems
- Components of fitness
- Customer service, health & safety
- Energy systems
- Lifespan Development and medical conditions
- Nutrition for fitness instructors
- Movement Competency Screening
- Training and weight training principles
Programme code: AKCOP
Paper code: SPEX402
Paper fee*: $680.00 Domestic, $865.00 International
* Some additional fees apply, please click here for more information.
Fitness Foundations 01
Paper code: SPEX402
Course starts: Friday 9 February (material and study calendar available online)
Weekend dates: Saturday 17, Saturday 24, Sunday 25 February 2018 (lecture dates when students are required to attend class)
Times: 8.30am to 5.30pm
Assessment: Monday 5 March 2018 - submit assessments online
Prerequisite Paper: No Prerequisite
Fitness Foundations 02
Paper Code: SPEX402
Course Start dates: Friday 29 June (material and study calendar available online)
Weekend dates: Saturday 7, 14 and 15 July 2018 (lecture dates when students are required to attend class)
Times: 8.30am to 5.30am
Assessment: Monday 23 July – submit assessments online
Prerequisite Paper: No prerequisite
How to apply
- STEP 1: Click on the pencil icon at the top right hand side of this page - Apply.
- STEP 2: Select the second option - click here to apply online for a Certificate of Proficiency if you are interested in enrolling in a single paper in a specific area of interest without enrolling in a formal qualification (for domestic students only).
Here's a screenshot example
Complete the form with your details online. You may need to verify your email. You may need to provide a photo for your student ID card.
STEP 3: Programme Selection - please complete:
- Year: 2018
- Qualification: Certificate of Proficiency
- Programme: AKCOP
- Pathway: Standard
- Intake: Semester 1 - Sport and Fitness 1/1/17, North campus
- Study Method: Part-Time
- STEP 4: You will receive correspondence from AUT.
- STEP 5: AUT will send you an AKCOP form to select your paper Fitness Foundations, Medical Terminology or Pacific Nutrition for a Certificate of Proficiency, which you will need to complete and return via email.
- STEP 6: Accept your AUT Offer of Place which will be emailed to you. It is important to do this as soon as you receive it. Please follow the steps in the email sent to you, enter your user name and password to login to Arion.
- STEP 7: Pay your invoice to secure your place. Please note your invoice must be paid two weeks prior to the course start date.
For more information please contact the AUT Short Course Office by emailing email@example.com
Last updated: 26-Feb-2018 1.17pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.