Gain the knowledge and practical skills to professionally assess client fitness to provide effective reassessment and programme prescriptions. This course focuses on the practical application of exercises, including cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility. You will develop applied skills in prescribing safe, effective and up-to-date exercise programmes.
Programme code: AKCOP
Paper code: SPEX508
Paper fee*: $1,300 Domestic, $1,495 International
Prerequisite: Fitness Foundations
- Assessment of blood pressure, body composition, endurance, aerobic fitness, and muscular strength
- Exercise demonstration and spotting
- Programming for cardiovascular/aerobic fitness, fitness and weight loss
- Postural assessment and relative flexibility
- Resistance training programming for strength and hypertrophy
IntakesFitness Instructing 02
Friday 23 March (material and study calendar available online)
Saturday 7, Sunday 8, Saturday 14, Sunday 15, Saturday 21, Sunday 22 April 2018 (lecture dates when you are required to attend class)
8.30am to 5.30pm
Monday 30 April 2017 - submit assessment online
Fitness Foundations SPEX402
* Some additional fees apply, please click here for more information.
When you have successfully completed Fitness Instructing you will receive a Certificate of Proficiency in Fitness Instructing.
To apply please see our Apply Now section of the website.
For more information please contact the AUT Short Course Office by emailing email@example.com
Last updated: 02-Nov-2017 3.49pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.